0 votes
by pierre laroche (160 points)
Aide works fine on Windows 7, but not on Windows 10 (1909). On Windows 10, the Forth 7 cross compiler (recent download of the community version) install proceeds cleanly, but running Aide cause the following errors,

- Cannot open comms

- Native code forth compiler has stopped working dialog. Must abort.

2 Answers

0 votes
by Stephen Pelc (3.4k points)
My apologies for the late response. The forum is supposed to notify me of new questions, but this feature seems to be broken. The maintainer will be notified.

I suspect that neither of these is an AIDE issue.

The comms problem is because a non-available comms port is selected in PowerTerm and is saved in the current configuration to be opened.

The cross compiler I cannot comment on because you do not say which cross compiler and build. Again, most of these issues stem from incorrect configuration files. But then, Microsoft may have changed the rules again. I'll try a download on a real Win10 box.
0 votes
by pierre laroche (160 points)
I was trying the ARM Cortex distribution on Windows 10.
I'm currently on W10 build 1909. I will upgrade to 2004 and retest AIDE and the compiler. If changes are needed I will make a new release. However, this Win10 is a VM.
AIDE has recently been updated after a rebuild on W10. Most of the problems we have found have been caused by corrupt INI files. If you take the latest AIDE from the web site and still have problems, please send me the INI file that you find in
  Users\AppData\MPE